When will season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen be released? And, even more importantly, will the anime be available on Netflix? For now, the only way to watch it is to go through Crunchyroll, but the second season could mark a turning point for the broadcast of the anime!
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2: Release Date
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 is directed by Sunghoo Park (The God of High School) at Studio MAPPA (Attack on Titan Season 4 Part 2). Hiroshi Seko writes the script, while Tadashi Hiramatsu is responsible for the character design. Hiroaki Tsutsumi, Yoshimasa Terui and Arisa Okehazama composed the music.
No precise release date is has been announced, but it is in 2022 that the Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 is expected. All we really know about this new season of Jujutsu Kaisen is his confirmation at the end of season 1 promising”to be continued”.
Be aware that a movie has already been announced, adapting Volume 0. This Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie could be scheduled for the end of 2021 before the anime’s sequel in 2022.
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2: Which arcs, characters and novelties?
The manga has 143 chapters while season 1 covered only 64. Season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen has content that can be easily found, but it must be adapted to the anime format.
Without spoiling the end of the first season, know that the future is quite obvious and that the next story arcs make sense:
- Gojo will probably have a bigger role since 15 flashback chapters of the manga are dedicated to him, and Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 will have to go through it.
- At the end of season 1,several exorcists will have an upgrade, promising more perilous and hectic missions.
- Yuji Itadori’s quest to consume Sukuna’s 20 fingers will inevitably continue
The relationship between Gojo and Geto is very important in the next arc of the manga. In it, the two are sent on a mission but nothing goes as planned: exorcist killer TojiFushiguro (Megumi’s dad) beats Geto and stabs Gojo in the throat. Gojo manages to master his Reverse Technique, and he manages to turn the fight to his advantage.
A year later, Gojo only increases in power while Geto is not well and in an excess of rage, he kills a lot of innocent people. This is followed by a complete betrayal of the man, taking over the reins of the Star Vessel Association.
Jujutsu Kaisen: end of the manga announced, what direction for the anime?
The creator of the manga Jujutsu Kaisen has already announced the color:“I know how to end this story”. He also admits that only two points remain suspended, whilehe wants to conclude the manga before 2023. According to him, half of the arcs he imagined are already explored and the general end is already detailed in a notebook. In it, the last moments of Itadori and Fushiguro are sealed.
Gege Akutami, the mangaka, was seriously ill in early 2021. The manga’s release schedule was delayed a bit, as was One Piece, which also came close to a rushed end when creator Eiichiro Oda was in the hospital. He regained strength in the meantime but decided to take another break in June 2021 after new health problems.
Jujutsu Kaisen manga vs anime, what are the differences?
So far, Season 1 of the anime has been pretty faithful to the manga’s source material. The beginning is a little more dramatic and the fights last longer and are more epic thanks to the animated format, but several small changes are anecdotal and funny to point out:
- The scene where Yuji’s classmates hide to escape spells lasts much longer in the anime to provide a greater sense of fear.
- The scene from EP 2 where Yuji visits his grandfather’s grave does not exist in the manga, but was shown… on the cover of a chapter of the manga!
- The scene in EP 5 where Sukuna tears Yuji’s heart apart is much more violent in the anime. In the manga, a dialogue bubble hides almost everything.
- The anime’s EP 6 invented the scene with the restaurant’s burns.
- The anime also added easter eggs,winks to other licenses (Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, etc.).
Moreover, the manga is not finished yet and the anime will have to wait not only for the publication of the new chapters, but also for the writers dealing with the adaptation to find the time to work on it.